According to the Health Ministry’s coronavirus readiness guideline, people who live in places with confirmed COVID-19 are also categorized as ODP.People who are under general monitoring are told to self-quarantine at home for two weeks.Agustin said that, ever since they became ODP, people stopped coming to the small grocery store in their house.Furthermore, he said, when government aid was distributed in the neighborhood, they were the only family that did not get the assistance.“We feel alienated. We preferred the idea of living in the woods to being left out,” he said.The death of a neighbor from COVID-19 shocked the family added to their decision to temporarily leave their house.“When the COVID-19 patient in our village died, I was so scared that my body trembled. That was when we decided to live in the forest,” Agustin said.The three have lived in two locations in the forest. At first, they lived near a riverbank. However, fearing that the water could rise, they moved to a higher place, still in the river area.“We’ve been isolating ourselves here [in the forest] for a week. Though it’s cold out here and there are many mosquitos, we feel more relaxed here, because living in our house, we got anxious about the stigma,” said Agustin. (aly)Topics : With a car parked and a tent erected, the family has spent the past week in isolation, away from its neighbors.Agustin said they had made the decision following a change in attitude among their neighbors after North Minahasa Health Agency personnel had come to their house wearing protective gear to examine them on April 11, a day after their next-door neighbor died from COVID-19.The agency categorized them as ODP cases, those who have recently traveled to infected regions or come in contact with confirmed COVID-19 patients but do not show any symptoms. That status differs from the PDP status given to people who already show symptoms typical of COVID-19 and are in medical care but whose status needs to be confirmed through a test.“It is probably because our house is close to a COVID-19 patient’s house that we were declared as ODP,” Agustin told The Jakarta Post on Friday. A family in North Sulawesi’s North Minahasa regency has been living in the local forest for a week out of fear of being stigmatized after being tested for COVID-19.Agustin Sigarlaki, his wife Elly Lasahaeng and their youngest child, Meilany, found solace out in the wild, away from what they described as being stigmatized by their neighbors in Wineting village.
Erdogan said despite the majority of positive messages congratulating the couple, there were some “dark-hearted” users who insulted the Albayrak family, especially Esra.He pointed to “an uncontrolled media” after such remarks, which were condemned by women’s rights organizations as well as political parties from across the spectrum.”Do you see why we are against social media like YouTube, Twitter and Netflix? To eliminate these immoralities. They don’t have morals,” Erdogan said in Ankara.”We don’t want to experience, see these developments which don’t suit this nation,” he added, speaking via videoconference to his ruling party officials. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday vowed to tighten government control over social media after he said his family was insulted online.Erdogan over the years has made no secret of his dislike for social media, once comparing them to a “murderer’s knife” and previously promising to “eradicate” Twitter.Finance Minister Berat Albayrak, who is also Erdogan’s son-in-law, on Tuesday tweeted that his wife, Esra Albayrak, had given birth to their fourth child. “This is why we should bring this to our parliament, to remove these social media networks completely, to control them,” Erdogan said.Soon after his comments, the hashtag in Turkish meaning “don’t touch my social media” was trending on Twitter.The government under Erdogan previously blocked Twitter and YouTube in 2014 after audio recordings were posted implicating the president, then prime minister, and his inner circle in an alleged corruption scandal.His aversion also dates back to anti-government protests in 2013, which were often mobilised by Twitter and Facebook posts.Erdogan’s angry remarks come after a videoconference with young people last week during which Erdogan was met with a flood of negative comments on YouTube.The Turkish presidency soon turned off comments but there were 388,000 clicks on the “thumbs down” button, compared with 114,000 on the “thumbs up” button.The Turkish National Police later on Wednesday said 11 suspects were detained over “insulting posts” against Albayrak and his family.Topics :
Linkedin Indonesia has moved to improve the skills of its negotiators at global climate forums to better represent the country’s interests.The Environment and Forestry Ministry and the Foreign Ministry will work together to prepare negotiators for the 26th session of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s Conference of Parties (COP) in Glasgow, Scotland, which has been pushed back from November to 2021 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.As a party of the Paris Agreement under the UNFCCC, Indonesia is obliged to contribute to halting global climate change and submitted a pledge to the UNFCCC secretariat to curb its greenhouse gas emissions through its nationally determined contribution (NDC).Indonesia’s first NDC was drafted in 2016, with the country pledging to keep its emissions to 29 percent below a business-as-usual (BAU) projection, or up to 4… Topics : Log in with your social account Facebook Google LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Forgot Password ? #ClimateChange climate-change-Indonesia climate-change environment #environment diplomacy #diplomacy
Irene Holmslykke, new CEO of PFA Asset ManagementHolmslykke, who has been working at PFA Asset Management since January 2019, would be in charge of this process, the pensions group said.Ahrndt Lorenzen praised Lindstrøm Lage, saying he had made a big difference for many years and played a leading role in developing the whole area of investment at PFA.Meanwhile, Holmslykke said she was looking forward to getting started in the new job.“We have undergone a great deal of development in recent years, and I have have been very involved in that process myself,” she said.PFA said she has had special responsibility for building the structure around PFA’s increased focus on unlisted investments, and in her new job, she would be continuing with a similar task across the whole of PFA Asset Management.Before joining PFA a year and half ago, Holmslykke worked in several top investment positions at Danske Bank and its subsidiary Danske Markets, PFA said.Since Ahrndt Lorenzen came to the PFA group and took charge of investment, he has put a new stamp on the overall strategy, bringing with him ATP’s all-weather portfolio construction mindset.He told IPE earlier this year that PFA was in the process of mapping all its alternatives in terms of public market risks.Looking for IPE’s latest magazine? Read the digital edition here. Denmark’s largest commercial pension fund is adding a new leader to its asset management arm, whose first task will be to re-define the top role as more management-centred and less of an investment job.PFA announced today that former Danske Bank investment staffer Irene Holmslykke is being promoted within the group to the position of chief executive officer of its subsidiary PFA Asset Management – replacing the unit’s current CEO Christian Lindstrøm Lage, who is leaving the firm by mutual agreement after 12 years.Lindstrøm Lage became CEO of PFA Asset Management in September 2019, according to his LinkedIn profile.Kasper Ahrndt Lorenzen, group CIO of PFA and chair of the board of PFA Asset Management, said: “I am very happy that Irene Holmslykke has accepted the job as the new CEO of PFA Asset Management.” She was an incredibly strong candidate with broad experience across the financial and investment area, and also a very skilled leader, said Ahrndt Lorenzen, who moved to PFA from ATP last September.“She has the right skills to lead the further development of PFA Asset Management,” he said.Holmslykke is due to start the new job on 1 September 2020, and Lindstrøm Lage will continue working until the end of October.PFA said that in future, the CEO role at PFA Asset Management would focus in particular on the management and development of the subsidiary, while responsibility for investments would be “further anchored” in the respective investment teams.
NewsRegional Bermudan man spared jail for sexually exploiting 12-year-old girl by: – May 8, 2012 Share Share Sharing is caring! Tweet 150 Views one comment Share Joshua CrockwellA former trainee firefighter today escaped a spell behind bars after sexually exploiting a 12-year-old girl when he was 20 years old.Joshua Crockwell, who is also well known as a member of the Robin Hood football team, met the victim when she was playing outside her home with friends.“His friends told him to leave the little children alone,” explained prosecutor Tawana Tannock today.However, he did not, and got to know the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.They exchanged text messages and in June 2010, he arranged to meet her in the grounds of a school. He then caused her to attempt to perform oral sex on him twice.According to the prosecutor he pushed her head down towards his private parts during the incident.Ms Tannock said the victim suffered psychological and emotional distress, as did her family.Crockwell, now 22, from Pembroke, denied a charge of sexually exploiting the girl but was convicted after a trial. The victim was called as a witness for the prosecution during that trial.Ms Tannock said Crockwell deserved to be jailed for 15 months but defence lawyer Elizabeth successfully argued for the sentence to be suspended.Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo told Crockwell he will not have to serve prison time if he stays out of trouble for the next two years. He must also spend two years on probation.Crockwell, who has been suspended from his job pending the outcome of the case, apologised for his actions.Royal Gazette
Jose Arnel Daria was not inside hishouse when the San Enrique police served him a search warrant around 6:30 a.m.on Wednesday. Despite this, the police went on withthe search and found a .38-caliber revolver loaded with several live bulletsand ammunition of a 12-gauge shotgun. A charge for violation of Republic Act10591, or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act, was filedagainst Daria./PN ILOILO City – Police failed to arrest asuspect for illegal possession of unlicensed gun in Barangay Mapili, SanEnrique, Iloilo.
Masonic Services will be conducted at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 27, 2018, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Graveside Services and full military rites will be conducted at 10:00 a.m., Friday, June 29, 2018, in the New Liberty Cemetery, East Enterprise, Indiana.Memorial contributions may be made to the Charles and Carol Seymour Fund for the Switzerland County Elementary School Library % CFSCI or New Liberty Cemetery. Cards are available at the funeral home or online at www.haskellandmorrison.com Mr. Charles Henry “Charlie” Seymour, age 82, of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on September 30, 1935, at the Old Smith Hospital in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, the son of the late, William Henry “Hank” and Pearl Elizabeth (Trester) Seymour. He was raised in Lawrenceburg, Indiana where he was a 1953 graduate of the Lawrenceburg High School. Charlie was inducted into the United States Army on January 26, 1955 in Indianapolis, Indiana, serving in Japan. He earned the Marksman Rifle and Marksman Carbine medals and was honorably discharged with the rank of Specialist 3rd Class on December 24, 1957, in Fort Sheridan, Illinois. Charlie was united in marriage on February 20, 1960, at the St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, to the late, Carol June Hill and to this union arrived two sons, Curt and Chuck and a daughter, Cyndi to bless their home. Charlie and Carol shared 54 years of marriage together until she passed away on July 23, 2014. Charlie served as the Switzerland County Councilman from 1989 to 2000 and volunteered his time for the Switzerland County Elementary School where he helped students with their math and reading skills. Charlie enjoyed harness racing with Hank when they moved to Switzerland County. Charlie was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union No.212 of Cincinnati, Ohio, for 60 years, Florence Masonic Lodge No. 27 F&AM and the Vevay American Legion Post #185. He served on the New Liberty Cemetery Board and was a former member of the East Enterprise Volunteer Fire Department. Charlie resided on McCreary’s Ridge from 1970 to 2015 and later moved in with his daughter, Cyndi in Vevay, Indiana. Charlie always had a sense of humor and was known for telling jokes. He enjoyed fishing, coaching little league baseball and helping community members in their time of need. Charlie passed away at 12:27 p.m., Sunday, June 24, 2018, at the Highpoint Health in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.Charlie will be deeply missed by his sons, Curt Seymour and his spouse: Karen of Aurora, IN and Chuck Seymour and his companion: Jerri Leach of Bennington, IN; his daughter, Cyndi Barnes of Vevay, IN; his grandchildren, Jamin Moore, Aaron Moore and his spouse: Audi, Jeff Barnes and his spouse: Chasity, Josh Buchanan and his spouse: Stefanie, Justin Barnes and his spouse: Amanda and Lakyn Buchanan and her spouse: Rikki; his great-grandchildren, Brayden, Braylon, Kaydence, Adalynn, Brooklyn, Josie, Shelly and Leighton; his special friend, Jane Schirmer of Vevay, IN and her family: Cindy, Billy, Bobby, Brandon, Emma, Whitley, Colton and Addy; his sisters, Sally Kinghorn and her spouse: Paul of Rising Sun, IN and Vickie Seymour of Lawrenceburg, IN; his brothers, Paul Seymour and his spouse: Nancy of Lawrenceburg, IN, Larry Seymour and his spouse: Jo of East Enterprise, IN and David Seymour of New Orleans, LA; his sister-in-law, Celeste Lemm and her spouse: Jack of Madison, IN; his two favorite piss willers, Addi and Ivy and his numerous nieces and nephews.He was preceded in death by his parents, William Henry “Hank” and Pearl Elizabeth (Trester) Seymour; his wife, Carol June (Hill) Seymour, died July 23, 2014; his son-in-law, Mitchel Lee “Mitch” Barnes, died August 17, 2016; his grandson, Jonathan Ryan “Jon” Barnes, died August 19, 2009 and his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Clarence E. and Clementine T. (Berger) Hill.Friends may call 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 27, 2018, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Funeral services will be conducted Thursday, June 28, 2018, at 11:00 a.m., by Rev. Mike Jones at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043.
RelatedPosts Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Neymar risks seven-game ban, Gonzalez 10 Neymar ‘super happy’ to return to training with PSG French champions Paris Saint-Germain have signed striker Mauro Icardi on a permanent deal from Inter Milan, the Serie A club have announced.Argentine Icardi, 27, joined PSG in September on a season-long loan with a buy-out option. “FC Internazionale Milano announces the transfer of Mauro Icardi to Paris Saint-Germain FC: the striker, born in 1993, has permanently moved to the French club,” Inter said in a statement.“The club thanks the player for the six seasons he spent with us and wishes him the best for his future professional career.”Icardi scored 20 goals in 31 matches in all competitions before the season was officially concluded on April 30 with 10 games remaining due to the COVID-19 crisis.He has been competing for a place in the side with Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani, PSG’s all-time top scorer, whose contract expires on June 30.Tags: Edinson CavaniInter MilanMauro IcardiParis Saint-Germain
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Spanish La Liga clubside Valencia said on Monday they had sacked coach Albert Celades and appointed sporting director Voro until the end of the season.The team have picked up only four points in five matches since the season re-started after the COVID-19 hiatus, slipping way behind in contention for UEFA Champions League qualification. Back-to-back defeats by Eibar and Villarreal left them eighth in the standings on 46 points, eight points behind fourth-placed Sevilla with six games remaining.Valencia appointed Celades last September after taking the surprising decision to dispense with Marcelino, who had led the club to successive top-four finishes.This had ended an 11-year wait for a major trophy, and Marcelino had guided them to win the Copa del Rey.Celades had never previously been a first team coach at club level.He had built his reputation as Spain’s under-21 coach and as an assistant to Julen Lopetegui with the Spain side and Real Madrid. Celades made a difficult start in losing his first game in charge 5-2 to FC Barcelona.But he improved his reputation by taking the team into the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League, where they were eventually knocked out by Atalanta 8-4 on aggregate.Reuters/NAN.Tags: Albert CeladesCOVID-19EibarUEFA Champions LeagueValenciaVillareal
England defeated Bangladesh for the first time in 12 years.Jason Roy hit 153, the second-highest score in World Cups by an England player.England reached 386/6, the highest by any team against Bangladesh in World Cups. highlights England had 12 years of World Cup pain against Bangladesh. They had lost in 2011. They had lost in 2015 in Adelaide. The loss four years earlier brought about a revolution in England cricket in which they had shunned their conservative approach to play attacking, aggressive cricket. The pain of 2015 and the benefits post that debacle were out on full display at Sophia Gardens. Jason Roy, one of the new crops to emerge out of ‘New England’ demonstrated his class by blasting 153, the second-highest individual score by an English player in World Cups.England reached 386/6, the highest by any team against Bangladesh and despite Shakib Al Hasan’s ninth century, England finally got the better of Bangladesh by 106 runs at Sophia Gardens on Saturday. New Delhi: England was on top in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash against Bangladesh at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff. Jason Roy blasted the second-highest individual score by an England player in World Cups with 153 and a quick fifty from Jos Buttler helped England reach 386/6. The score was the highest Bangladesh had conceded in World Cups, having conceded 370 against India in the opening game of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 contest in Mirpur. It was time for England to unleash their pace barrage on Bangladesh. Jofra Archer, who is known for his brilliant pace, was bowling to Soumya Sarkar. What happened next was a freak occurrence.Archer stayed over the wicket and got a good length ball to nip back in sharply at 143 kmph. Sarkar was leaving a big gap between bat and pad and the ball hit the top of off stump. Such was the pace of the delivery that after the ball hit the top of off stump, it sailed over the keeper’s head and landed on the ropes behind the keeper. So, in a strange twist of fate, the ball went for six after hitting the stump. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.