The law firm of Valsangiacomo, Detora and McQuesten, P.C., opened a full-time branch office in Burlington. VD&M’s new office is located in the historic Maltex Building at 431 Pine Street.The trial firm, headquartered in Barre, opened the new office earlier this year to better serve its growing client base in Chittenden County.”We’ve established a solid reputation in Central Vermont for straightforward and cost-effective representation,” said Oreste Valsangiacomo, Jr., a founding partner. “And that’s earned us a growing number of clients in Burlington. This new satellite office allows us to be more accessible and more responsive to our northern clients.”VD&M was founded in 1977. Its seven staff attorneys offer experience in many areas of the law but the firm’s major areas of emphasis are personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases.For more information, please visit their website at www.vdmlaw.com(link is external), or contact them in Barre at 476-4181 or in Burlington at 658-7444.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Forty foreign crew members aboard a vessel that had been scheduled to transport palm oil from Pasangkayu, West Sulawesi, have been quarantined inside the ship off the coast of the province over fears of China’s deadly coronavirus.Tanjung Bakau Port head in Pasangkayu, Agung, said the quarantine procedure commenced on Tuesday. The vessel had since been ordered to maintain its position at least 1 kilometer from the port as it awaited the arrival of a medical team that would examine its crew members for any symptoms of COVID-19, the disease brought on by the fast-spreading virus, he said. The foreign vessel is not allowed to moor at Tanjung Bakau Port until after the quarantine has ended and once the crew members are declared free of the deadly virus.“All foreign vessels are not allowed to immediately moor at the port until after they’ve been declared free of the coronavirus. Even if a ship is indeed considered free of the virus, none of its crew members are allowed to disembark,” Agung said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.The port management would provide the foreign crew members with logistical support during the quarantine period, he said.Indonesia previously raised concerns over coronavirus transmission from foreign transportation, with port authorities putting in force stricter measures to reduce the risk of the virus by screening foreign vessels and ships seeking to dock in ports across the archipelago.The move followed Japan’s decision to quarantine the virus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship and its roughly 3,700 passengers in Yokohama for two weeks. After having begun on Feb. 4, the quarantine ended Wednesday, with more than 600 people, including four Indonesian crew members, testing positive for COVID-19.Since it first emerged from the Chinese city of Wuhan in late December, COVID-19 has killed more than 2,000 people worldwide, including at least eight deaths outside mainland China. The virus has spread to nearly 30 countries, with more than 70,000 people infected globally. (rfa)Topics :
“There are still lots of things that need to be finalized, such as [the construction of] an access ramp, the shipping route and the appointment of a port operator, among other things. Hopefully we can finish everything on time,” he added.Patimban seaport is one of the government’s national strategic projects, funded by an official development assistance (ODA) loan from the Japanese government amounting to Rp 14.2 trillion (US$968.5 million) for the first development phase.The port is expected to be Indonesia’s primary export port and to ease the burden on Tanjung Priok Port and traffic congestion in Jakarta from the transport of cargo. It is also projected to support the future Rebana Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in Cirebon, Patimban, and Kertajati in West Java, along with Kertajati International Airport.In the first development phase, Patimban Port is planned to serve 3.75 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) and accommodate 600,000 complete built-up (CBU) vehicles. Meanwhile, in the second phase, Patimban’s capacity will increase to 5.5 million TEUs and it is expected to reach its final capacity of 7.5 million TEUs in phase 3. Japan-backed Patimban Port in Subang, West Java is now scheduled for partial operation in November, while its first development phase will reach completion by October despite previous delays, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has stated.The port is located about 70 kilometers from the Karawang industrial estate in West Java, where many Japanese companies have built factories, and is expected to ease logistics in the industrial neighborhood.“We hope everyone is working hard so that Patimban seaport can start operations in November,” Budi said in a press statement on Sunday during a recent visit to the seaport with West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil. Japanese Ambassador to Indonesia Masafumi Ishii initially projected in 2017 that the port’s partial operation would start in the first quarter of 2019.In February this year, the Transportation Ministry’s sea transportation director general, R. Agus H. Purnomo, said the auto terminal would be the first part of the port to be operational in September.He stated that the operation of the auto terminal was awaiting the completion of a connecting bridge that would be the main access that linked the terminal with the backup area.”The bridge will connect the auto terminal and the port in the middle of the sea. It will be 1- kilometer-long and as the operation of the auto terminal is scheduled for September, the connecting bridge must be completed long before, hopefully in April or June,” Agus told reporters in Jakarta in Feb. 13.Topics :
NewsHub 23 October 2018Family First Comment: Well said, Mark. “A new (online!) survey from Massey University showed the most favoured regime for legal weed was home production and use only (27 percent) followed by a profit-driven market (21 percent).” Online survey 21% commercial 27% grow-your-own “Strong support”? – nope. Wait until public hear both sides of debate. (IF the media actually allow both sides. Some media personalities will have to declare themselves as “Promoters” for the Referendum.) #SayNopeToDope #DrugFree2025 www.VoteNo.nzMark Richardson has lashed out at the suggestion New Zealand should legalise marijuana for personal use.A new survey from Massey University showed most people are in favour of legalising the drug for personal use. The most favoured regime for legal weed was home production and use only (27 percent) followed by a profit-driven market (21 percent).The AM Show host Ryan Bridge says New Zealand should just “go for it” when it comes to legalisation.“Why not, Canada’s done it. The sky hasn’t fallen in, what’s the harm?” he said.But Richardson argued the drug would be just another vice to add to the list.“It doesn’t do us any good. Neither does sugar, neither does alcohol – these things we’re outraged against,” he said.“We don’t actually need it and sometimes if we don’t need something we should say ‘sorry you’re not getting it’ and then make sure they crunch down on those that are providing it illegally.”READ MORE: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lifestyle/2018/10/new-zealanders-don-t-need-legal-cannabis-mark-richardson.html
Loading… Read Also: Serena Williams, back in the wins, aims to end long Slam record quest A cool change bringing rain swept through on Wednesday afternoon, raising expectations of clearer air for Thursday. Tennis chiefs have insisted any delays to the Grand Slam’s scheduled start on Monday were unlikely given Melbourne Park has three roofed stadiums and eight other indoor courts which could be used in an emergency. The roof of the Rod Laver Arena was closed for the charity evening. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tennis superstars Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal jointly donated Aus$250,000 (US$172,000) for Australian bushfire relief at a charity fundraiser in smoggy Melbourne on Wednesday. The two tennis legends, with 39 Grand Slam singles titles between them, were at the Rod Laver Arena in a bid to swell the vast sums already donated to help victims of the devastating disaster. Tennis superstars turned out in Melbourne to help raise funds for bushfire relief in Australia They were joined by a who’s who of the tennis world, including Serena Williams, Caroline Wozniacki, Novak Djokovic, Naomi Osaka, Petra Kvitova, Dominic Thiem, Coco Gauff, Nick Kyrgios, Stefanos Tsitsipas and Alexander Zverev. “Twenty years this has been my home and I’ve had so many great matches on this court and in this country,” said Williams, whose young daughter Alexis Olympia was thrilled to meet some firefighters this week. “And that’s we’re all here tonight to support and help out.” Tennis Australia said it expected the “Rally for Relief” to raise “hundreds of thousands of dollars” to add to the more than Aus$2.8 million (US$1.9 million) already stumped up by the global tennis community. That has included personal pledges and Aus$100 for each ace hit during the Australian tennis swing. Some of the big names also donated merchandise for an online auction Wednesday. Williams led a team in Fast4 doubles, a shortened version of the game, boosting Thiem and Kvitova, along with Nadal and Djokovic playing together on the same side of the net. They met Wozniacki’s side that featured Gauff, Osaka, Zverev and Tsitsipas. But the evening’s star turn saw Federer play a set against Australian bad boy Kyrgios, who has been driving force behind the fundraising effort. “It’s emotional stuff,” said Kyrgios. “I just want to have a little fun out here tonight and hopefully we can overcome this.” The bushfires, unprecedented in their duration and intensity, have claimed 28 lives, destroyed almost 2,000 homes and razed vast tracts of land. Toxic haze from the blazes has disrupted the build-up to next week’s Australian Open, with qualifying delayed over the past two days and some players taken ill. Promoted ContentEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterStunning Wedding Looks From Around The WorldLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human Being7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyHere Are The Secret Origins Of Famous Foods11 Movies That Changed The Way We Think Of CGI Forever
Lillian Faye Ross, 91, of Tucson, Arizona, formerly of Aurora, Indiana, passed away Wednesday July 31, 2019 in Tucson, AZ.She was born April 30, 1928 in Arlington Heights, OH, daughter of the late Charles E. Skidmore and Dorothy (Sullender) Skidmore.She worked as a receptionist for Dr. Leslie Baker for many years. She then worked as a secretary for Schenley Distillery, retiring after over 20 years of service.She was a member of Emmanuel Presbyterian Church of Tuscon, AZ.Faye had a strong faith and a deep love for her two husbands, family, her two children, two step children, grandchildren, step grandchildren, great grandchildren and step great grandchildren.Lillian is survived by her loving spouse Howard Ross of Tucson, AZ; children, David (Nancy) Giffin of Chesterfield, MO, Debra (Roger) Fehling of Aurora, IN; step son, Michael (Diane) Ross of Tucson, AZ; step daughter, Nancylou Ross of Tucson, AZ; siblings, Charlotte (late Dick) Horn of Lawrenceburg, IN, Bernard (late Sue)Skidmore of Lawrenceburg, IN; brother-in-law, Jerry (Julia) Giffin of Cincinnati, OH; grandchildren, Shelby K. (Will) Baxter of El Paso,TX; Erin M. (Kris) Fairfield of Covington, KY; Scott D. (Amber) Giffin of Wildwood, MO; great-grandchildren, Morgan K. Jones of El Paso, TX, Cainan N. Baxter of Fort Polk,LA; Sawyer I.F. Baxter of El Paso,TX; Carter S. Giffin of Wildwood, MO, Madelyn M. Giffin of Wildwood, MO; step grandson, Jason K. Ross of Tucson, AZ; three step grandchildren, Rachel (Boston) Grambo of Tucson, AZ, Julie (Jason) Chaffey of North Pole, AK, Nicole Sanchez of Tucson, AZ; step great-grandchildren, Jordyn K. Sanchez, Alec N. Sanchez, Jaron A. Chaffey, Jacee M. Chaffey, Hannah L. Ross.She was preceded in death by her parents; first husband, Clayton “Red” Giffin; sisters, Gloria Becker and Virginia Skidmore, brother David Allen Skidmore; step son, Kenneth D Ross, step grandson, Michael W Ross,Friends will be received Friday, August 9, 2019 from 5:00-8:00 pm at Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, Aurora, Indiana.Burial will take place on Saturday at 9:30 am at River View Cemetery.A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday at 11:00 am at the Aurora First United Methodist Church, 304 Third Street, Aurora, Indiana.Contributions may be made to Aurora First United Methodist Church, Stain Glass Window fund,or Charity of Donor’s Choice. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.com
A deal has been agreed to sign the Ivory Coast international on loan from the French club, who he joined from Anzhi Makhachkala earlier in the month. Press Association Sport understands the Toffees could receive a decision on whether the necessary paperwork has been granted by the end of Tuesday. Manager Roberto Martinez publicly confirmed their interest following Monday’s 1-1 draw at West Brom, saying: “Lacina is a player who I really like and is someone who would fit in really well in the role we want the player to come in. “He is a very talented footballer. He is only 23 and has already had a couple of moves (totalling) nearly £30million, but every work permit is a difficult one and we will try our best.” The 6ft 8ins striker is being brought in to replace Nikica Jelavic, who was sold to Hull last week, and will provide support for fellow on-loan forward Romelu Lukaku, who is currently Martinez’s first choice. Lukaku provided the knock-down for Kevin Mirallas to score the opening goal in the 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns, only for Uruguay international Diego Lugano to register his first goal in English football to secure a point for the Baggies. “We lost two points, you have to be realistic,” said Lukaku. “In the first half we dominated but we didn’t control the game as we should have done and we have to learn from it and do better in the next few games.” On his return to the Hawthorns, where he spent last season on loan scoring 17 goals, Lukaku told evertontv: “I had a great time at West Brom and I hope they enjoyed my football and I left some good memories at the club. “Now I am trying to do the same at Everton, but in a better way because I want to improve and become a better player year after year.” Everton could be on the verge of completing their second signing of the transfer window as they await the result of a work permit application for Monaco striker Lacina Traore. Injuries are continuing to affect the squad and with midfielder Steven Pienaar absent with a groin issue against West Brom, Martinez lost full-back Seamus Coleman to a hamstring problem. Everton will assess the Republic of Ireland international over the next 24 hours, but he could miss next Tuesday’s Merseyside derby at Anfield. “The next 24 hours are going to be vital to find out how he feels,” said Martinez. “Seamus is a really fit boy so when he got that feeling something was wrong with his hamstring we needed to take that seriously. “We will find out over the next few hours the extent of the injury. “Steven Pienaar had to come off against Norwich and since then he has been working hard to get back to full fitness and it was a little bit short for Monday. “We will assess him over the next few days. It shouldn’t be too big a problem in his groin area.” On the upside, Martinez hopes to have Gerard Deulofeu back from a hamstring injury soon as the on-loan Barcelona youngster has been out of action since December 14. “Gerard is progressing really well. A member of our medical department went over to Barcelona to find out where he is (in terms of fitness),” the manager added. “It is a bit more complicated injury because it affects the tendon and that can get re-injured very easily. “We are happy with his progress and he is doing really well and I don’t think it will be long before he is back. “We reassess him every three days. Hopefully he will carry on with no setbacks.” Press Association
Leicester manager Nigel Pearson appeared reluctant to appeal against the sending-off when he spoke about it in Sunday’s post-match press conference. ”It’s difficult to have a decision like that rescinded in all honesty,” he said. ”I think it would lack a bit of class for me to ask for retrospective action against another manager’s player. ”When moments pass you by in games officials are there to do a job, to do it as best they can. ”I can understand because of how it looked – it was because he was pushed away and they kept in contact. In the initial contact I don’t think Paul was the instigator. ”It’s easy to be over critical. I don’t want to get into a debate about getting other players sent off.” However, the club took the decision to contest the three-match ban and it has now been successfully overturned, leaving Konchesky free to play, starting against Manchester City on Saturday. The 33-year-old was dismissed by referee Craig Pawson following a clash with Villa defender Alan Hutton in the Foxes’ 2-1 defeat at Villa Park. A Football Association statement read: “Leicester City’s Paul Konchesky, who was dismissed for violent conduct in the game against Aston Villa on December 7, 2014 will not serve a suspension after a claim of wrongful dismissal was upheld following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today.” Leicester full-back Paul Konchesky’s red card against Aston Villa on Sunday has been rescinded. Press Association