New strategy aimed at supporting older people being launched in Donegal

first_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter New strategy aimed at supporting older people being launched in Donegal Google+ Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Facebook By admin – May 22, 2015 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North center_img A new strategy aimed at supporting older people is being launched in Donegal today.The plan, which will be implemented over the coming years, was drawn up in consultation with relevant groups and older people in the county.Singer Daniel O’Donnell will officially launch the new initiative in Letterkenny this afternoon.Director of Services at Donegal County Council, Michael Heaney, says they’re delighted to have Daniel O’Donnell promoting the new plan:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/08hean1.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Previous articleVoting underway in Co Donegal in two referendumsNext articleCllr O’Donnell calls for rates reduction for some rural businesses admin Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry News Google+ Pinterest Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Jurors in murder trial of Vieille Case man asked to forget previous reports

first_img Share 22 Views   one comment Court gavel. Photo credit: kirtok.comA nine member jury has been asked to rid their minds of previous reporting which they may have heard regarding the death of a Vieille Case man on February 5th, 2010 in Calibishie.The re-trial involving Garvin George of Calibishie who was charged and found guilty of murdering Julien Junior Joseph of Vieille Case in November last year commenced on Wednesday morning at the High Court of Justice.He was sentenced to fourteen years (14) imprisonment however his attorney Wayne Norde appealed the sentence. This was upheld by the Court of Appeal justices who ordered that a re-trial be conducted as there were several mis-directions given by the trial judge.On Wednesday, Director of Public Prosecutions, Gene Pestaina in his opening statements to the jury asked them to focus only on the evidence which is presented during the trial and forget whatever they may have heard outside the Court.According to information revealed in Court by one of the state’s witnesses, corporal of police Linton Mills who was the investigating officer, Garvin George in his statement admitted to stabbing Julien after an altercation on that night.In that statement which corporal Mills read in Court, George explained said that he was “pulling up by his friends” in the vicinity of Toga’s Bar in Calibishie about 7pm when he “confronted Junior about Neefia’s daughter”.As a result of that confrontation, “he [Junior] came up in my face and he had a scissors. He just jack me and we started to fight on the ground. After a while I took the scissors and I was defending myself from him and I made a wild blow”.The pathologist Dr. Marcia Penerio, who conducted a post mortem of the body on 9th February, 2010 had already left the country therefore attorney at law Michael Bruney who was a magistrate at the time of the preliminary inquiry into the incident, read her report.That report indicates that Joseph died of hypovolemic shock and a stab wound to his chest.Another witness, Jackson George who transported Joseph to the Marigot Hospital, although he did not witness the incident, said he drove at “ambulance speed” as he was attempting to save his “friend’s” life.The trial will resume at 9am.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews Jurors in murder trial of Vieille Case man asked to forget previous reports by: – May 31, 2012 Sharing is caring!center_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more